The Province of Ontario has extended the Grey-Lockdown status for Northern Ontario for an additional fourteen (14) days commencing at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, January 9, 2021.
The province-wide lockdown will continue to affect some municipal services and buildings, but we are happy to report that the Bill Barber WILL BE OPEN as of Monday, January 11th, 2021. The ice surface will be open subject to the restrictions below.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR BILL BARBER OUTDOOR ICE SURFACE IN CALLANDER
BEFORE COMING TO THE OUTDOOR ICE SURFACE
• Attendees are to conduct a self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms and are reminded to stay home if they have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing and self-isolate.
• Attendees are to maintain a 2 metre (6 feet) distance from those they don’t live with, when possible, and to wear a mask or a face covering outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
• Attendees are requested to wash their hands frequently and/or use a 60-90% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and to practice proper cough/sneeze etiquette.
LIMIT ATTENDANCE AND ENSURE PHYSICAL DISTANCING
• Physical distancing means keeping a distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from those you don’t live with.
• Please follow signs for entrance and exits to the ice surface.
• Capacity limit for the outdoor ice surface is 25.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
• Attendees should be aware that the ice surface and boards are not being cleaned or disinfected between uses. This space is to be used at your own risk.
HOURS OF OPERATION
• As per By-law 2014-1406, Parks and Recreation Property shall be closed between the hours of 11:00 p.m. at 7:00 a.m. No person shall park or leave a vehicle in designated parking area when closed.
• Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the lights at the Bill Barber rink will be turned off at 9:00 p.m.
Please note that the Municipality of Callander is opening the rink under strict health and safety guidelines. We are counting on our residents to use the rink appropriately and in compliance with these regulations. Failure to do so will result in the municipality closing the rink for the remainder of the season. Please keep our community safe!
For any further clarification, please call the Municipal Office at 705-752-1410.
POSTED: January 8, 2021