- Genealogical collections of Canada, United States, United Kingdom and other listed countries.
- Includes: census figures, voters lists, as well as, church, court, immigration, marriage, birth and death records.
Assess yourself for careers suitable for you. An interactive website to help you:
- Explore careers individually by cluster or by school subject.
- Explore the education and training required for specific careers; and find colleges, universities and apprenticeship programs available in the US and Canada.
- Find jobs and job postings for specific careers.
- Resume builder
Accessible in-library only. See the front desk for login information.
- A nonprofit organization providing unbiased product ratings and reviews since 1936
- Over 4000 products through rigorous testing each year
- Canadian Periodical Index (CPI.Q) provides the most-requested Canadian reference information available. It contains a wealth of Canadian and international periodicals — including Canada’s national newspaper, The Globe and Mail; Maclean’s weekly magazine; Canadian News Facts; and encyclopedic reference materials, such as the Canadian Parliamentary Guide and Canadian Newsmakers.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center with Health Reference provides accurate, authoritative information on a full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative and complementary medical practices. Designed for researchers at all levels, its intuitive interface provides multiple pathways to information. New periodical and newspaper articles are added daily.
- Kids InfoBits is a content-rich, authoritative, easy-to-use resource featuring age-appropriate, reliable, curriculum-related content covering a broad range of educational topics.
Global Road Warrior is a massive database of 175 countries around the world, including information and graphics in 20 subject categories. It provides deep coverage of each country, including information like travel necessities, culture, history, society, traditions, country facts, and more. This is a great resource for travel research, social studies projects, and more. Global Road Warrior subtitles itself “the ultimate guide to the world”.
- From Spanish to Swahili, English to Icelandic, and Shakespeare to Pirate, we’ve got virtually everyone’s language and culture curiosities covered.”
- Provides students with comprehensive curricular support and self-help tools on topics including diseases, drugs, alcohol, nutrition, fitness, mental health, diversity, family life and so much more.
Service Ontario is your access to Ontario government information and services. Click the link above for more information.
World Book is the most up-to-date commercial encyclopedia, which aims to enhance learning and reading for children around the world by developing trustworthy, engaging content to create products that will engage children of all ages at home, on the go, in the classroom or in libraries worldwide.