Did You Know You Can:
- Find a wide selection of current books and DVD’s to borrow and enjoy!
- Use our 6 computer workstations, all with Microsoft Office and internet
- Borrow one of our 3 eReaders
- Assistance offered for Service Ontario and Service Canada
- Browse our used book sale collection
- Teachers from our local schools can borrow a “Good Books Bag” which contains a selection of 20 books for classroom support**
- Pedometers for loan
- Use the Interlibrary Loan System to obtain a book that is not in CPL’s collection
- Fishing Rods and Tackle Boxes
- Borrow AudioBooks and PlayAways (MP3 Format)
- Download AudioBooks and eBooks from OverDrive
- Access to CNIB Readers and CD’s**
- Send faxes *
- Scanning Services*
- Photocopy Services*
- WIFI Service *
** must meet eligibility
As part of the ‘Public and Academic Libraries Sharing Network’, your membership with the Callander Public Library entitles you to a PALS membership to the Harris Learning Library at the Education Centre.
For details call the library at 752-2544
Six books may be borrowed on a children’s card for a 3 week period. Ten books may be borrowed on an adult’s card for a 3 week period. Videos can be borrowed for two days only no matter what type of card is being used. Books may be renewed on our online catalogue or by phone. eReaders can be taken out for 2 weeks, 1 per family. eReaders can be renewed once in person at the library if there are no holds on it.
Children’s fines are 5 cents per day per book. Max fine $2.00 for all books.
Adult fines are 10 cents per day per book. Max fine $10.00 per book
Video fines are .50 cents per day per video. Max fine $10.00 each video
eReader fines are $2.00 per day. Max fine $100.00
A $5.00 fine will be charged if requested material (Interlibrary loans) is not picked up
Library cards are free to all residents of Callander. Out of town memberships are $20.00 per year per household.
If your child is not a resident of Callander, but attends M.T.Davidson or St. Theresa’s, a free library card is available to them for the school year. Stop by the library for more information.