Call for Entries and Submission Guidelines
Calls for entries and submissions are currently closed.
If you are an established or emerging artist, and want to share your work or a special show idea with us, we want to hear from you!
Submissions are reviewed by the Callander Bay Heritage Museum and Alex Dufresne Gallery Committee. Most exhibitions are two months in duration and can be solos, duos, or group shows. We hold approximately five exhibitions each year and are normally booked one year in advance.
We welcome submissions from both emerging and established artists and groups of artists; it is not necessary to have exhibited your work previously for an exhibition at the Alex Dufresne Gallery.
Submissions must include the following:
1) Participating Artists must be a member of the Callander Bay Heritage Museum & Alex Dufresne Gallery (fees are $10 + HST). This allows you free entry into any open-call art exhibits for that year, as well as an e-edition of our newsletter we release twice a year.
2) All entries must be original and unpublished artwork and properly framed.
3) A brief artist’s statement describing the body of work that you are proposing to exhibit
4) A short resume of your artistic background
5) Approximately 10 images of your work. Images may be submitted as hard copy photographs or as a CD/USB of digital images in .jpeg format and delivered to the gallery at the address below (please call for the hours of operation)
6) Digital images may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
7) Image List: Please number all images, hard-copy or digital, and indicate their title, date, medium, and size on an accompanying image list
8) A self-addressed stamped envelope
Please send applications to:
Callander Bay Heritage Museum & Alex Dufresne Gallery
Attn: Museum and Gallery Committee
107 Lansdowne St. E.