Call for Entries and Submission Guidelines
Calls for entries and submissions are now open for the 2021 and 2022 gallery season.
All submissions must be received no later than July 31, 2019.
Submissions are reviewed by the Culture and Heritage group, the Chief Administrative Officer, and the Curator. Most exhibitions are approximately 7 weeks in duration and can be solos, duos, or group shows. We hold approximately five exhibitions each year and are normally booked two to three years in advance.
We welcome submissions from both emerging and established artists and groups of artists from the region; it is not necessary to have exhibited your work previously to be eligible for an exhibition at the Alex Dufresne Gallery.
Tips for your submission:
- Be creative! We love themed exhibits or shows that incorporate different mediums and styles and objects
- What is the story of the exhibit? Is it an exploration of a concept through art? If it’s a solo show, why do you create art and why did you make the pieces you did?
- Uniqueness is a draw… do you have a crazy idea for an exhibit but are unsure of how best to execute it? Tell us about it and we can discuss its feasibility
- Are you willing to do an artist talk or workshop during your show?
- We receive a lot of inquiries, so make sure that yours stands out!
All submissions must be mailed or dropped off and include the following:
1) Participating Artists must be a member of the Alex Dufresne Gallery for the year of their potential show (fees are $10 +HST);
2) All entries must be original, be prepared for installation, and not previously been shown at the Alex Dufresne Gallery in the last 5 years
3) An artist’s statement describing the body of work that you are proposing to exhibit
4) A short resume/CV of your artistic background
5) Approximately 10 images of your work. Images may be submitted as hard copy photographs or as a CD/USB of digital images in .jpeg format
6) A self-addressed stamped envelope
7) Indicate if you are interested in exhibiting in 2021 or 2022
Please send applications to:
Callander Bay Heritage Museum & Alex Dufresne Gallery
107 Lansdowne St. E.